"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Friday 29 June 2012

Life's lessons - swimming



Hello - first of all an apology for being a bit quiet on the blogging front - have been really buy working on some coaching programmes as well as a great weekend where lots of social events collided!
I am trailing out my first teleclass on helping parents develop good sleep habits for their children and am really enjoying it, so a big thanks to those parents (and children) who are my guinea pigs. I am also writing the copy for my website and will be able to launch that soon, very exciting!

Due to all of the above, today's post is going to be short and sweet.

I saw a wonderful thing at the gym today.
One of the regular attendees is a lovely woman, who is in her mid 50's, who always says hello and we've had a few chats in the steam room. Well today she had her first swimming lesson! Isn't that amazing? She was learning how to float. I take my hat off to her, she is an amazing example of how it is never to late to learn something new. I wish her all the best and really hope she quickly enjoys the world of swimming and feels a massive sense of accomplishment.

So if you think it's too late to try something new, take heart - it's not. Don't let age be an excuse and get out there and explore the potential that you have inside of you.

Fell the fear and do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment