"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Thank you!



I would like to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who have been reading, commenting on and sharing my blog.

When I started writing back in January, I wasn't really sure what it would be like, whether I would be able to write interesting stuff, what direction it would take, and if anyone would read it.
I have found that I enjoy thinking about what I will write and what to say.
It can be the smallest thing, comment or observation that sets off a lightbulb in my head saying 'That would be a good blog post'. Often I forget what I thought about and find myself going 'Now what was that thing that I thought about again?'
I often think about what to write when I'm swimming, though sometimes when it comes to the sitting down and writing bit, a post may well develop in a completely different way than I had planned, or not work out at all.

Then comes the spell check (it's American English on blogger.com, and being dyslexic doesn't help with that either!!) finding a great photo and hoping the computer will let me upload it. Over the months I have worked out how do do links and other whizzy things so that hopefully I can progress soon from my preschool level of technology.

Everytime I post a post I am amazed that anyone reads it and appreciate any comments that people are generous enough to give. It is lovely to know how people are reading and interpreting my ramblings. I can see my stats page and it shows stuff like what mediums it is being read on, how it is being shared and most interestingly (to me, as I am a visual learner) has a map of the world showing which countries I am reaching. The States, Canada, Europe and, most intriguingly, Russia (I'd love to know who you are!) I get a little thrill each time a new country pops up.

Being a new coach, I was struggling to find where my passion and my niche lay. Despite having plenty of years of experience in childcare, it did not feel right taking up a niche in parenting skills and it also did not feel right leaving it completely - each time I thought about another direction, it felt as if the childcare was still holding onto my heels and not letting go.
I had thought about Sleep Coaching, as I had been an insomniac since childhood and have done a lot to improve my sleep, and though this area felt good and exciting, I found myself stalling and not ready to commit to it. Recently all the pieces have come together and it now feels the right direction to go. The major 'Aha' moment was the realization that I can not only work with adults who have sleep difficulties but also with parents who have young children with sleep problems. I now understand why I couldn't walk away from the childcare aspect completely!

So I will continue to write this blog but am also setting up another one based on sleep and hope you will find time to read that too and pass on the information to those who may need it.

In the meantime, thanks again for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Love that you discovered your niche! What a fabulous discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a fantastic feeling with everything falling into place, I now feel I can move forward and really help others in a poroductive way.

    ReplyDelete